The society is open to anyone with an interest in archaeology and history. Among the activities available are:
- Monthly lectures from September through to June each year. These are held on Saturday afternoons at RISC in Reading.
- Visits to places of interest. Often these are ongoing excavations.
- An annual tour in May. This is a week long visit to a region of the UK with many interesting sites.In 2017 we are going to Norfolk.
- Projects to survey and document Berkshire archaeology. There is usually a long term project in progress. Having worked to document Iron Age and Roman Berkshire we now have a group looking at the Anglo-Saxon period.
- Shorter projects during the summer may involve geophysical surveys of local sites, sometimes including excavation.
To join the society please download the membership form and follow the instructions for submission with your subscription. For more information contact the Membership Secretary.
If you are already a member and would like to join a project, search the current projects and contact the project leader